Sunday, September 7, 2008

So this morning before I left for work I told Faith I didn't think I would be going on any more fire assignments due to the fact that I can't really talk about, but I'll fill you in later when I find out for sure, anyway, then I showed up to work, took some Job Corps students that we had working for us to breakfast and my head boss shows up at the resteraunt and tells me I'm leaving at 1200 for the Rattle Fire in Oregon. I'm going as a task force leader trainee, which means I have a bunch of different resources working for me, the typical configuration is usually a 20 person crew, 3-5 engines, and a dozer, though that can change depending on what the mission for the task force is. I brought my camera this time so I'll be able to post some pictures when I get home. Two of my bosses just came back from that fire, and they said they're starting to spike people out in the wilderness, which means they fly people in to a remote camp and you stay there until your time's done, which means I won't have access to a computer like last time. Should be fun. Hope everybody's doing well, talk to you in a couple of weeks.

No comments: