Monday, April 27, 2009

Hi, sorry still no pictures, I usually remember I forgot the camera after we're more than halfway to where we're going. Simon did a couple of funny things the other day that I wanted to share though.
1. He called me into his bedroom the other night to ask me to sleep in his bed with him. When I asked him why he wanted me to sleep in his bed he told me that earlier in the day he had started amonster farm and it looked like one of them had escaped and he was worried it was mad at him and would come and get him when he fell asleep. I managed to keep a straight face when I told him that's what he gets for keeping monsters captive on a farm, then I turned off his lights and said hopefully I'll see you in the morning. Just kidding, I convinced him that he would be OK without me in his room. That's the first funny thing. Here's the second:
2. He threw a freaking spear at me. Here's what happened, we went out in the woods yesterday and the boys said they wanted spears, so I made one for each of us. I gave Simon his first, then Dylan, then while I was making mine something hit me in the hand, and it hurt like crazy. It was Simon's spear. He said he wasn't aiming at me, he was aiming at something next to my head, so I guess I'm lucky his aim is off a little bit.
Nothing much else is going on, the forest started burning so it looks like I don't have any days off for awhile. We're thinking about getting an early season camping trip in, if the weather cooperates. It's been crazy warm here at night, so we think it wouldn't be too bad for the kids. Hope everybody's doing well.

No comments: