Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Nothing new.

Nothing new, we just wanted to wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving. We'll have 13 people at our house tomorrow. Everybody but Simon was sick all week, Faith and I were wondering if we'd even do Thanksgiving. I took the kids out to a creek near our house on Sunday to pan for gold and throw rocks. Simon and Dylan both swore they could walk in the creek and they wouldn't get cold because they had rubber boots on (the creek is about 4 or 5 inches deep where we were). I tried to tell them they'd get cold, but they kept saying they wouldn't, so I figured what the heck, maybe they're right. So within 5 minutes Simon was crying that his feet were freezing and Dylan fell in the creek. We had been there for about 15 minutes all together. While they got in the Pathfinder I scooped up some dirt and rocks from the creek bottom and we panned for gold at home. No gold, but we all found some little purple crystals. That's about it. Oh, wait, no it's not. While Faith, Dylan, and I were home sick on Tuesday, the school called. Simon had been bitten 3 times on the arm. None of them drew blood, but they said it was obviously bite marks. Upon questioning, Simon told the receptionist that a boy on the bus had done it. When he talked to the principal he told her that Dylan had done it on the bus on the way to school. So the school called us, and we told them that Dylan had stayed home sick that day. They asked Faith to talk to him and try and get the real story out of him. The result: He had bitten himself during quiet time after recess. When he got home I talked to him about it and asked why he had done that. He said he wanted to play a trick on his class. When I asked him what the culmination of the trick would have been, he said he wasn't sure, he just thought it would be funny. Faith's not very happy that I start laughing everytime I think about Simon biting himself. Oh boy... Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

No comments: