Monday, February 16, 2009

Well, we're starting day five with no Faith and everybody's still alive. We haven't done much of anything, I wanted to go snowshoeing the other day, but Simon wanted to go sledding in the backyard, then he wanted to go snowshoeing, then sledding in the yard, then...you get the idea. It culminated with Simon screaming it was too hard a decision make, laying on the floor screaming and kicking, then getting up, slapping me in the face (because I was laughing, I think) then running to his room. I wanted to get outside today, but looking out the window right now it's snowing sideways, so hopefully it clears up by lunch. Faith's having fun, they went to a time-share sales thing, I don't know, but they got free hot-stone massages for listening to it. They didn't do anything yesterday, because they got food posioning at the time-share listening thing buffet and spent the whole day in their hotel room taking turns throwing up in the bathroom. Today Faith said she thinks they're riding horses out to an island. Well the boys just came and grabbed me and said it's time to play bowling on the Wii, so I better go. Melanie, I don't think there will be any footage of us hula-hooping, I tried to bust out the balance board the other day and they didn't want anything to do with it. I'd put footage of myself hula-hooping, but apparently my considerable hula-ing skills transfer rather well to the Wii, so I don't think it would be as funny as you were hoping. Seriously, though, I kick a$$ at hula-hoop. I'll get some video of the boys bowling today, it's generally pretty funny. Later.

1 comment:

Quast Family said...

I didn't know you were such a pro at the hula hoop! I have watching for that footage but it sounds like it won't happen. It is nice to hear that Faith is having a good time and that you and the boys are still holding down the fort. You should know by now that you can't laugh at your boys - however you might want to get that slapping under control or it will turn into an all out brawl the older they get. At our house Gary still tries to convince the boys that he can take them but some days I wonder if he really believes that???? He pulls a muscle just playing laser tag and the boys darn near give a heart attack when he comes home at night because they always find a new place to hide to scare him. The best place was in the boat so they scared him as soon as he got out of his car. He hates coming into the house and we can see him peer around corners and he wants to know where everyone is before completely enters the room!